Monday, January 21, 2008

Nice Day Out

Yesterday, Connie and I went to Sands Point Preserve in Port Washington. I had a craving to see some water and to stretch my car's legs some more. The drive was nice, and we had a comfortable walk along the dead woods and cliffs overlooking a small portion of the Long Island sound. It was a very clear day and extremely cold (~20 F and very windy) so we were lucky to have the wind to our back during the walk. Afterwards we drove around Port Washington just checking out tudors and other lovely homes, did some shopping (finally got that nutcracker), had a slice, and watched No Country For Old Men. That's one intense movie. See my friend's movie review blog for more info. We then stopped over for Hot Pot dinner at our friends' place in Forest Hills near home. It was delicious, overfilling, and chaotic (three little girls wreaking havoc on 5 unsuspecting adults). I can't ask for a much better day than that, really...

No comments: