Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I may have already won $500k... in Spain???

I received a ridiculous-looking letter saying I won over $700,000 (quoted in Euros) in a Mega Millions lottery in Spain. My name was apparently picked by a computer on behalf of an American lottery outfit doing good for Americans in Europe (?). Just in case (how can you turn down over half a million dollar without a second look) I googled this up and found links about this specific scam.
I'm watching the CNN Republican debate and I am still predicting Romney as winner despite McCain's Florida win. I have to say I was surprised by that victory. The man sounds tired, frustrated, almost impatient. He speaks low, monotonously, and arrogantly. Despite that and his hawkish tendencies, he would have been my pick if I had to vote in the Republican primary. Huckabee is a more lively character. I just wish he wasn't for the UNfair Tax and raising hell with his gay-bashing. Ron Paul is shrill, but I wish he was given more airtime and debated head-on by the others who basically ignore him or look around wildly when he speaks, insinuating his lunacy. Paul's policies are a bit detached from reality, unfortunately. He's simply a soothing ying to the others' yang. Romney is definitely slick in the negative sense of the word - as in slick and slimy - but he is the better-spoken, less-populist, less-hawkish candidate. Still a gay basher like the rest of 'em, though...
BTW, for those of you living in Massachusetts, I just wanted to say you have a "modified closed primary', not an 'open primary' as you might think. However, as long as you are unenrolled in a party (this includes the Independent Party) you can vote in either of the major primaries. See this for more specifics about your state's crazy regulations.

3 comments:

Marissa + Scott said...

Indeed. I researched this after we first spoke about it and, it turns out, if you're unenrolled, you simply choose a party on the way in to the polling place, and then "unchoose" them on the way out. Hell, I'll take it. As an unenrolled voter, at least I get to participate. GO MCCAIN!

Yoni said...

Actually, I think "closed modified" primaries are probably the best of both worlds. Kudos to Massachusetts for progressive election rules!

Anonymous said...

http://www.myphonecard.cn
http://www.myphonecard.cn
a lot of beautiful jewelry for example
-----Tiffany jewelry----
Bangle
Bracelet
Cuff Links
Earrings
Key Rings
Money Clips
Necklace
Packaging
Rings
1837