Friday, August 22, 2008

Back to Work

After months of hunting, interviewing, and dealing with pushy head hunters I am finally in sight of an offer letter, a first day of work and most importantly, a paycheck...
I ended up with a programming job at a big bank in midtown - sigh - but I am very excited about the role, which is as close to quantitative analyst I might be able to get without a PhD. Incongruously, the team works on Mortgage-Backed Securities, so this may be a very short-lived position. I may start sometime next week after I get back from Washington DC and my Foreign Service Oral Assessment. And I will have to take a week off once my daughter arrives (scheduled for the week after). So, it's going to be a slow start to be sure.

1 comment:

fsowannabe said...

Good luck on the OA! And congrats on the MBS job - don't worry, financial markets be danged, securitization is the only way banks are going to be able to afford to make home loans - sooner or later, the liquidity will flow again.