Sunday, March 9, 2008

What We Do For Good Eats

Connie and I are going to California for a wedding in May. We plan on driving around a bit after the event - Yosemite, San Fransisco, Napa. The best rated restaurant in the states is The French Laundry in wine country, so we wanted to make sure to hit that. We've been to Keller's Per Se in NYC, but it's never enough with us... So this place has limited seating and you have to call exactly 60 days before the date you want. We're going with a couple who just moved to Cali, and they reminded me that today was the day to call. At 12:57pm EST (3 minutes before the reservation office opens) I started dialing... with 3 phones (2 cells, 1 land line). Connie and I rang furiously for 21 minutes. Then, I finally got through and was put on hold for another 10 minutes - a nail-biting, stressful moment. Finally, I get a reservationist, only to find out there was a private party that evening (line of bullshit?). So I get a table for lunch, at 11:15am :) Oh, and as if my nut-sack wasn't black and blue already, I'm reminded that, if I dare not show up or let them know 3 days before the date that I am not coming, I will be charged $100 per person!

No comments: