Monday, March 17, 2008

The RIse of the Machines

I haven't been impressed by a robot since I visited the MIT AI Lab oh so many years ago. Not that much has happened in the field since. Honda has been making biped robots that just look like huge versions of old toy robots. I had seen a pogo stick robot do some amazing balancing tricks, and I have seen robots catch balls thrown at them. There's even a roomba now. But I have never seen a robot getting kicked by a person and not losing its balance! Until now.

2 comments:

gpspacey said...

holy, that's pretty crazy stuff.

looks like a gazelle's neck's been chopped off and it's still going.

wow.

Marissa + Scott said...

dude, I'm really bored. I know that you're busy, but write something new and clever so I can move on with my day. Hell, make it in (phoenetic) Chinese!