Monday, May 4, 2009

Tour De Cure: Commute To Work

Last week I rode to work and back on Thursday. It is ~12.5 miles each way and it took me about 1.5 hours for one direction. About 30 more minutes than taking the train and I am sure I can improve on that speed, so perhaps a legitimate alternative. I will try to do it again as soon as the rain stops long enough for the roads to dry up. Sunday's wetness stopped me from taking my second scheduled practice tour (45-50 miles), but I intend to make it up by commuting some more this week. Here is a map of the commute route:


View Bike Commute in a larger map

I've also been going to the gym (stretching, yoga, rowing, leg presses/curls/extension). Toying with the idea of taking a spinning class, but would rather just commute every day. Towards that end, I've bought a rack and saddle for the bike and a better lock... I also got a cycling computer (speedometer/odometer) for my birthday (thank you Scott) to help keep me motivated to ride faster!

2 comments:

hawk8242 said...

Bah! I'd like to see you keep this up... Bah! I've yet to do more than one week straight myself. Where are you getting the energy? Are you neglecting the ladies?

Yoni said...

Not so much neglecting as giving them more space :)

Biked to work twice last week! Cut my to-work leg time by 10 minutes.