Saturday, April 25, 2009

Tour De Cure: Training Ride 1

I've registered to ride for American Diabetes with my company's team at one of the NJ Tour De Cure bicycle rides. I've elected to attempt the full 80-mile course, which must be completed within 8 hours (7am-3pm). Therefore I have begun training to make sure I don't thoroughly embarrass myself. Last weekend I intended to ride out to Port Washington but the ride did not materialize (and the bicycle required some maintenance, so I did that to make sure I would have no excuses the next time!). So today I rode 40 miles (in 5 hours, need to work on my speed). See ride:


View
Route for 4/25/09 - Tour De Cure Training in a larger map

5 comments:

fsowannabe said...

Good luck!

gpspacey said...

awesome. What's the route in NJ? Are there spots for spectabors?

Yoni said...

The route can be seen on:
http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-states/nj/basking-ridge/940123784037365918

Not sure about spectating. It may take me the full 8 hours to finish... The tour center for this ride has more info:
http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR?pg=entry&fr_id=5575

hawk8242 said...

Did you find any good stretches that my girls might enjoy?

Yoni said...

I have no idea what you're talking about. But I did find some tight-outfit-wearing yoga chicks you might enjoy...