Monday, June 16, 2008

Foreign Service Application: Phase 3

I just received my result letter today from the State Department. I passed the Qualifying Evaluations Panel review and am now invited to participate in the Oral Assessment (OA), sometime in late August. Yay me!!!
The OA is a day of group and individual exercises in front of live examiners from the State Department. The test site is in Washington D.C. The only good thing about it is that you find out the results (pass/fail) on the same day. It's the final exam, but even if you pass there are medical and security clearance processes you have to get through. Also, passing all of those does not guarantee a job offer. You need to score high or else you pass but your name languishes on a list of low-grade qualifying candidates until it falls off. So, need to do well. Something to be anxious about, again.

3 comments:

Ameya said...

good stuff

fsowannabe said...

Congratulations! Good luck and let me know how it went - I'm hoping to have an invite to the OA early next year.

Ilyas said...

I didn't know the Foreign Service accepted NESMF's ...